What Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
When you absolutely love your little, lovely Frenchie puppy, high-quality and proteinous foods that also has other nutrients will always grace his food plate! French Bulldog puppies are some of the most adorable beings with the funniest personalities. They are ever hyperactive, but gentle and love spending their time snoring, so it’s a good thing to keep them active and provide a clean diet so they don’t become overweight.
Best food for your French Bulldog puppy
According to registered dog handlers and French Bulldog experts in the US, the best bulldog diet should contain proteins, carbohydrates as well as an equal amount of healthy fats for brain power and energy.
Higher quality options are ideal particularly because they have fewer filler materials and more nutrients for development.
“As you probably know, French Bulldogs have quite a few heath challenges. Just like humans, your dog could be allergic to some kind of food, such as corn or soy, but in most cases, they are actually allergic to fillers found in processed food. These fillers are used to add mass to the product, but have no nutritional value and are difficult to digest. The best way to save your dog from this kind of suffering is avoiding fillers and giving him whole food ingredients.” [ source: FrenchBulldogBreed.net ]
Super-cheap dog food for your Frenchie pup isn’t the best as they mostly trigger allergies and health problems. Common types like Iams, Alpo, Purina and Pedigree don’t have great reviews and aren’t recommended for the highly delicate Frenchie puppy stomachs.
The best food for your French Bulldog Puppy
Consider the following list:
This is the food our breeder was feeding her puppies and we kept Fira on it til she was a year old. Having earned the highest of all ratings, NutriSource is a great choice for puppies.
- Chicken is the Number One Ingredient
- Highly Digestible Rice and Oatmeal Formula
- Contains all the essential nutrients for the optimum health of your pet
- Contains no animal by-products or whole corn
Besides containing nearly all of the essential nutrients, the fact that you can get grain-free varieties and non-grain-free varieties is great. It features fresh Wisconsin duck, fresh chicken, fresh lamb, and the nutrition rich whole eggs & real cheese. Complete with salmon oil and probiotics have been added to aid digestion and promote good health. No corn and no wheat.
Taste of the Wild
Another incredible option, Taste of the Wild is many dog’s favorites mainly because it is 100% natural, grain-free alternative.
- This grain-free formula provides digestible energy and excellent nutrition for your growing puppy
- Made with a blend of fish protein sources, this hearty formula offers a taste sensation like no other
- Fruits and vegetables deliver natural antioxidants to help support a healthy lifestyle.
Other Notable Brands
- Natural Balance Premium Limited Ingredient Dog Food
- Nulo Freestyle Adult Dog Food
- Wellness CORE
- Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Royal Canin Medium Bulldog Dry Dog Food
What NOT to feed your french bulldog
- Apple seeds
- Cooked bones can easily splinter when chewed by your dog. Raw (uncooked) bones, however, are okay and good for your dog’s teeth.
- Corn on the cob
Cooking your own homemade dog food
Make sure to always ask your vet before you begin this diet but sometimes it’s nice to change their food regime up and do the homemade dog food route then you know exactly what’s in it. We have our own recipe here that we cook often for the pups.